All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Lewiston Newspaper Archives Online

Google News Archive now has digitized copies of Lewiston newspapers going back to 1861. Here are the links to search the Lewiston Daily Sun (1890-1989), the Lewiston Evening Journal (later the Lewiston Journal) (1861-1989), the Lewiston Saturday Journal (1870-1929), and the Lewiston Sun-Journal (2005-2006). Or just use this link to search all the Lewiston papers.

Update: I have found that copies of the Sun Journal from 1989 to 2008 are available by adding [source:"Sun Journal" source:"Google"] to the query.Search other Lewiston papers by adding [source:"Lewiston" source:"Google"] to the query.

Update: Searching has been made more difficult, but you can also browse these newspapers:

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, January 14, 2010, OpenID me7th said...

Thank you so much for posting this on your blog! :-) I have been using it a great deal and finding some wonderful articles. I have enjoyed many of the other wonderful items you have posted previously.

 
At 11:51 PM, January 14, 2010, Blogger Chris said...

You're welcome! I've been finding lots of great articles myself.

 
At 11:16 AM, December 19, 2012, Blogger mdonovan343 said...

This is excellent. You have to love Google News, I've heard they have begun indexing and archiving many historic national newspapers too. Glad to see my hometown Lewiston's paper get archived back so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home