All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Sunday, April 15, 2007

New Chick on EagleCam

Rob Landry alerted me that the stars of EagleCam had a chick a few days ago.
I was just reviewing our notes from last year and noticed that the first chick was spotted on April 12, 2006. Yesterday, April 12, 2007, we spotted the first chick. This consistency is quite remarkable. Last year the birds laid their first egg on March 6th, this year it was the 5th. [Link]
There was more good news in Saturday's blog post:
Yesterday we were working on installing a T-1 internet connection on site and I will be visiting the site on Tuesday to set-up some additional equipment which I expect will increase the image quality. I will keep you posted on our progress. This new installation should also allow users of Real Player to watch the birds and should increase the frames per second from 15 to 30. [Link]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home