All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Mooselook Wobbler

I lost a few Mooselook Wobblers to underwater snags when I was younger, but never knew the fish-shaped spoon lures were invented right here in Maine. According to the Brecks website, "John A. Green developed the Mooselook Wobbler in 1938 on Lake Mooselookmeguntic in Maine." It's now Steve Griffin's favorite lure.
It was in Maine that we first bought a few, on a family smallmouth bass fishing trip, Dad's dream, and a budget-stretcher.

Brother Jim and I, both young, each got one impossibly expensive lure. Fishing with Dad in a rented boat on Sebago Lake, we began letting out lure and line to troll.

I can still see the other end of the mono wriggling through the rod guides, still feel the shock of slowly realizing it wasn't tied to the reel arbor. That quickly, my brand-new, store-bought lure was gone. [Link]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home