All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Independent Film to Be Shot in Western Maine

"Barefoot Country Girl," a feature film written by South Paris native Larry Bisbee, will be shot in East Dixfield and surrounding towns this summer.
The film will portray a young girl, living in Western Maine, prospecting for gold with her father on the Swift River at Coos Canyon, in Byron.

"When I was a boy growing up in Sumner and South Paris, my dad always took me to Byron to pan for gold, and yes, we found some color," Bisbee recalls. "I brought my children to Swift River when they were growing up, and continue to find the area exciting and inspiring to this day." [Link]
Bisbee is now looking for actors and crew willing to work for little (read no) money. The film will be released on DVD and submitted to independent-film festivals.
tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home