All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dear Maine, I Love You

Another Maine expatriate has written why she loves her home state. This time it's "Erin with an E" living in South Hadley, Mass.:
Some of my favorite children's books growing up were One Morning in Maine, Blueberries for Sal, Time of Wonder, Make Way for Ducklings, and Burt Dow Deep Water Man. They gave me this romantic notion of the place I grew up in, and that romance has still not gone away. That place has shaped who I am and the way in which I perceive the world.
Some of my friends may like to call me a hippie, but really, I am a Mainer. That piece of Earth and those people are important to me...they are why I live...they are my roots, my heritage, my community. I can't think of any better way to articulate it, because the real essence of Maine can not be articulated. [Link]
[tagged: ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home