All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Where the Buoys Are

Esbee at Wordaholism wistfully described a memory of Maine yesterday:
The cool mist on my face reminded me of days in Maine when the fog was so dense I couldn't see the ocean across the street. I could hear the buoys, though, ringing softly to tell boats to keep seaside of them.

The lobstermen's buoys were my favorites. They had no bells, but they were brightly painted in each lobstermen's color and stripe pattern. Ropes underneath the buoys led down to the traps themselves, sitting on the sea floor. [Link]
tags:

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

My favorite, growing up, was always the foghorn. I need more foghorns in my life.

 
At 1:58 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Maybe you could pick one up on eBay.

On second thought, your neighbors might not be pleased...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home