All Things Maine
All Things Maine

Friday, January 06, 2006

A Canadian With Moxie

Stephen Cooke of Halifax, Nova Scotia, writes today of Great Moments in Moxie — the first of several moments he promises to share.
Obviously it's a bit of an obsession with me--my campus/community radio show on CKDU 97.5 FM is currently titled Moxieland--and my pursuit and endorsement of the former "nerve tonic" dates back to roughly my high school years.

[snip]

[I]t wasn't until a family cross-border shopping trip to Bangor, Maine that I spied an actual can of the stuff on a store shelf, which I immediately bought and sampled, and was instantly hooked on that brown, bittersweet brew. [Link]
For more Moxie info, visit the Moxie Festival website.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Michelle said...

My favorite Moxie story is from an old ex -- when he was a young lad, he bought a can at a local convenience store, then took it outside to try it. After a trial swallow, he was so offended that he hurled the can against the store's wall in a huge spray of soda-riffic kablooey.

The funniest part was he wound up completely addicted to it later as a teenager, and made it his goal to likewise convert others, such as myself, to the mysterious allure of Moxie. The first time I tried it I too was grossed out. It seemed to me to have the aftertaste of Benadryl syrup. But after a second try, it was all over. I, too, am a Moxie fan.

We even used to smuggle two liter bottles of it back down to school in Massachusetts because we went nuts with no one around selling it.

Mmmm... MOXIE!!!

 
At 7:16 PM, August 05, 2012, Blogger Chumgrinder said...

There are enough Moxie lovers outside New England for some Mainer to be able to make some nice cigarette money by repackaging and shipping two-liter bottles in bulk. Will no enterprising soul take up this challenge?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home