Podcasts, streaming broadcasts, and archived audio files from and about the State of Maine:
- The Backwards of Maine Oddcast (feed) — "Cuzin Waine Fromaine and a cast of - virtually - thousands, solve all of the problems of modern man, every week."
- Bates College Oral History Project — "The Bates College Oral History Project seeks to document and celebrate the rich and varied history of Bates College by compiling a collection of recorded spoken memories from a variety of individuals closely connected to Bates College, including alumni/alumnae, faculty, staff, presidents and students."
- From the Fishouse: An Audio Archive of Emerging Poets — "We founded From the Fishouse to promote the oral tradition of poetry, to provide a new outlet for up-and-coming poets to read their poems for an audience, and as an educational resource for teachers and students of contemporary poetry."
- kidsclubnews.com — Podcasts from the kids of Sanford School Department's Kids' Club After School Program.
- Maine Airs — "This special news and information radio program brings greater depth of material from Maine's newspapers to individuals who are visually impaired or print disabled. It broadcasts information not usually accessible in audio form such as community calendars of events, and obituaries." May require installation of a plugin.
- Maine Impact (feed) — "Maine Impact is a twice-weekly podcast co-hosted by Lance Dutson and Jason Clarke. We talk about politics, technology, and life in Maine and beyond."
- Maine.info (feed) — "Our Maine podcast discusses events coming up this week in Maine, and often closes with music from a Maine artist."
- Maine Podcast - indie music from Maine — "The podcast will have artists from around New England but it will focus on Maine's music scene. I'm hoping to include all forms of music in my podcasts. It will all be worth it if I attract and inspire a diverse audience."
- The Maine Media-Arts Project — See the sidebar for links to Maine podcasts.
- Maine Public Radio: Audio On-Demand — Offers audio recordings of recent MPBN programs in Windows Media Format. Also has a Maine News Audio Archive, and streaming audio in all popular formats. The nightly news program Maine Things Considered is also available as a podcast.
- Maine State Legislature: Audio Broadcasts — "Our audio is broadcast via Microsoft's Windows Media. The player is freely available and can be downloaded here. The microphones are usually shut off when the Legislators recess or take other breaks. As long as the time counter on the player keeps increasing, you will hear the proceedings when the session or hearing resumes."
- MP3 Stage @ aroundmaine — Musical tracks created by Maine artists, available as MP3 files.
- Muskie School of Public Service: Audio Archive — "As part of its civic engagement mission, the Muskie School often hosts public forums on current public policy issues." MP3 files are available in the Changing Maine Speakers Series, and from Muskie Policy Forum.
- The Penquis Report (feed) — "The Penquis Report is a weekly podcast by independent podcasters located all over New England. Our goal is to share information about the Penquis Region and the state of Maine."
- Podcasts at Bowdoin — An eclectic collection of podcasts from the College. Everything from financial aid info to an audio introduction to the Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum.
- The Q Morning Show Podcast (feed) — "Listen to Meredith, Jeff, and Lori and the Q Morning Show on Q97.9. WJBQ Portland, Maine."
- WERU Community Radio Audio Archives (feed) — Archive of public affairs programs produced by the Blue Hill station.
- WMPG - Greater Portland Community Radio: Archives — MP3 files of public affairs and musical programs produced by the station. They also offer streaming audio in two formats (see sidebar).